Why should youth stand tall?
It is said that the technological revolution has either the potential to support the good in humanity and bring it to a higher level; or destroy the heart and soul of the human race, moulding in its place people who lack emotion, empathy and the skill to interact.
Salt & PETRONITA believes we must fight to keep the heart and soul alive through helping students develop the soft skills that will help them stand out from the crowd. These skills will act as a foundation for the level of articulation, confidence and clarity that is sought not just by universities and the workplace, but will be integral to the sense of community and
Who is this for?
- Youth who need a boost in confidence
- Those who would like to better their communication and interaction skills
- Those who find it hard to hold on to their opinions in a group
What will you gain?
- Build their self-confidence
- Learn to develop and put forward their own ideas
- Be poised and clear when speaking in front of a group
- Learn new tools to improve their overall ability to communicate effectively
This workshop is activity-driven. Besides writing exercises, participants will learn through facilitated group discussions, games and activities. Participants’ individual and collective journeys of discovery will take place in a fun and supportive environment
|Day 1 ||
Session 1 – You are confident
|Participants gain an understanding of:
- Themselves: identity as a person, strengths and weaknesses
- How to be positive and grow
|Session 2 – You can communicate||Participants gain an understanding of:
- Presentation skills
- Listening and questioning skills
- How to have better conversations
|Session 3 – You can adapt||Participants gain an understanding of:
- Expressing themselves in different settings
- How to form ideas and opinions
- How to defend without being defensive
|Session 4 – You can learn|
Participants gain an understanding of:
- How to look beyond the surface
- The dangers of narrow viewpoints and the importance of seeing the big picture
|Session 5 – You can lead||Participants gain an understanding of:
|Session 6 – You can Stand Tall||Participants reflect and answer the questions:
- What is my place in the world?
- What impact will I make on those around me, my community and society?
Workshop participation & investment
Workshop is open to children of PETRONITA members and PETRONAS staff. Children ages 13 - 15 years old. Priority will be given to members.
For the two-day workshop, the investment is
RM 675 / pax (incl. morning / afternoon refreshments & lunch pack).
Workshop will be conducted and confirmed when the first 20 participants confirms their registration with payment of the fee.
To secure a seat (or two) for your youth;
- Staff - click Join in the
Stand TALL MyEvent entry to indicate your interest.
Spouses - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receiving proof of payment, we will confirm your seat
Payment can be made via online banking (Maybank 5544 9041 1972) or in cash at PETRONITA office
- Registration cut-off by
Tues, 30 Oct 2018
Mon, 12 Nov 2018
- A minimum 20 pax is required to proceed with the workshop.
- Organiser will advise registered participants accordingly on Wed, 14 Nov 2018